July 5, 2011

A Summer of Sangria


Summer is beginning...well sort of, we're still experiencing rather chilly weather, but I'm hoping that making a fresh batch of my summer sangria will get things moving in the right direction. It's really a simple recipe, as it should be, and with some creativity, I'm sure you can add some interesting twists. Sangria is the perfect summer drink: fruity, cold, refreshing, and fizzy. Mmmm

Here's my recipe:
1 bottle of Chardonnay (white)
1 bottle of Merlot
1/3 cup peach schnapps
2 8 oz cans of Izze blackberry or pomegranate soda (add to taste, some like it more sweet than others)
2 white peaches, sliced
2 apples, sliced (I prefer to use Fuji or Golden Delicious)

Pour everything into a giant pitcher, stir, add the peaches and let it "ferment" in the fridge or freezer until cold. Usually an hour in the freezer is good for quick serving, but a few hours is always best to really get everything just right. Happy summer!

2 comments:

  1. You're having cool weather? My dear why are you being so selfish?? Please share with Nor Cal!

    PS This will be my signature drink at our next pool party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know...Nor Cal summers were dreadful hot. I'll send some cooler weather your way. In the meantime, the sangria will help take the heat off. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...