June 8, 2010

The Scoop: June 7th-13th

I have always enjoyed being a spontaneous eater. For some reason, asking myself the question at 5:00, "What do I feel like for dinner tonight?" and then running to the store at 5:15 for the necessary ingredients, just feels so good, but that will be no more. (Or at least not too often) That's right, I am taking up MEAL PLANNING...and I never thought I would see this day.

I've always heard of the benefits of meal planning: budget saving, time saving, gas saving, etc.. and I'll tell you how it works for me. At the beginning of every week, (I'm a little behind this week--do I get any newbie slack?) I am going to post the meals (dinners) I've planned for the week. Then, throughout the week, I'll post the recipes I used and if there were any hiccups or tweaks along the way (basically, what worked and what didn't). I'm also going to post the cost for each meal, because I really am curious to see if it ends up saving me money. So, with no further ado, here are my meals for the week:

Monday, June 7th
Turkey Tacos with all the fixin's

Tuesday, June 8th
Leftover night

Wednesday, June 9th
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup with Homestyle Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday, June 10th
Grilled Orange Chicken Fingers with Garlic Baby Red Potatoes and Grilled Lime Corn

Friday, June 11th
Hoisin Chicken with Cucumber Salad

Saturday, June 12th
Leftovers or dine out

Sunday, June 13th
Herb Crusted Tilapia with Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...